Creating a new Under 20s category..American IdolPosted: February 16, 2012
Todays post is largely inspired from last night’s episode of American Idol.
You are probably thinking what our title has to do with American Idol – well here it is (X factor take note), we think the under 20s out shined everyone else last night and should be given their own show.
We aren’t surprised – The 16-20 age group ALWAYS impress. Their confidence, mature voices and general attitude on life separates them from everyone else. Last night, a mother of two was struggling to remain confident while Skylar Laine (“our little reba aka impressive cowgirl”) owned that stage.
Here our top picks, all in the under 20s category. Tell us what you think?
1. Joshua Ledet and his soulful rendition of “Jar of Hearts” by Christina Perri. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kz9oak-tGQ
2. Colton Dixon and his version of “What About Now” by Daughtry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7qM2qzFgw
3. Shannon Magrane and her mature version of “Wonderful World” by Sam Cook. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXsHY_duVs
4. Hollywood 5 and their version of Mercy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdQK1xyt4TA&feature=related)
And if there was a lesson to be learned from these kids last night, it was “Do your thing and the rest will follow.”
Who were your favorites from the night? We want to hear from you.
Like American Idol but have no one to discuss it with? http://www.campusnow.com might be your answer.
We are launching soon – so Watch Out!
– The http://www.campusnow.com Blog Team